Thursday, May 28, 2015

Swedish Flora Fauna Radio Activity SMFF-5700 Södra Törnskogen

I have started my portable Ham Radio activity in Flora Fauna (SMFF) by visiting a Nature Preservation area in Sollentuna, Stockholm - Södra Törnskogen - SMFF-5700. Very nice weather to hike into the woods ont the way from work. The HF 40m (7080 MHz) amateur band was working fine, with contacts all around Sweden. Fairly humid due to the rain in recent days. My long wire as inverted L-formation using a 9:1 balun was the antenna used. 



I found a nice place to sit using my IC-703:an (3W) QRP transmitting and making contact. The portable logging needs a better paper pen arrangement. I will also do some experimenting with light weight antennas. My longwire works nicely so far and the coax is very short. I am however in search for the optimal light weight portable antenna to optimize my activities  :) 

73 44 // SM0MMC / Mikael




SMFF in Swedish:
https://smff.sk6ei.se/

No comments:

Post a Comment